Lean UX & Lean Startup
Lean UX and Lean Startup are methodologies for quickly and cheaply learning so much about a problem or an idea as possible. This is done by ruthlessly validating assumptions about the problem, the customer, the customer’s needs, the solution proposals and the criteria for success.
The best way to create a product that becomes a hit is to understand what makes a hit. This is different for each domain and idea, but LeanUX and Lean Startup help to build the right solution in a cost-effective way.
And it is true that life is too short to build something that no one wants!
This course is for everyone who works with product development in some way and wants to know that you're always on the right path. You may be UX designers, product owners, entrepreneurs, requirements managers, developers or business analysts. Your product or service need not be digital, the methodology is holistic and independent of platform.
After this course…
- You will be able to validate your ideas together with users and towards the market
- You will be able to incorporate Lean UX and Lean Startup methods within your current process
- You will know how to explore assumptions about the problem and the product idea to deeply learn
- You will be able to create hypotheses and experiments (so called Riskiest Assumption Tests) to validate the hypotheses
- You will understand the difference between Lean UX and Agile UX, and be able to take advantage of that knowledge
- Lean Startup vs. Lean UX processes
- Customer Experience vs. User Experience methods
- Qualitative validation with users
- Quantitative validation towards the market
- Assumptions, hypotheses, experiments and learning
Since the course describes a process of qualitatively and quantitatively validating hypotheses without going into the deepest detail about how to meet users or reach the market, it is of great advantage if you know how to perform user research and / or market research. Basic understanding of product development, on the other hand, is a necessity.
The course content can be adjusted to comfortably fit a time slot between 3 hours (lecture) and 2 days (detailed case-based workshop).
- I like this, what should I do now?
- Contact me, info below, for a tailored version of this course for you and your company.