One of the biggest problems with software development is that a great deal of what is built does not reach the intended impact. The most obvious reason for this is that one rarely focuses on building a product / service that meets the business goals, benefits from the technology and provides a desired user experience at the same time. Scrum, XP, Kanban, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and the like are all necessary to build a product / service correctly. Product Discovery is a collection of frameworks and tools that ensure that we also build the right product, with the least possible waste.
Viability, desirability and feasibility can be achieved at the same time.
This course is for Product Owners, UX-designers, developers or others who works in an agile team and wants to ensure that the right product gets built.
After this course…
- You will understand what characterises a good Product Discovery methodology
- You will know which of the usual Discovery frameworks and which tools best suit your context
- You will be able to create a successful product / service :)
- Product Discovery principles
- Balanced teams
- A simple Product Discovery framework
- A set of methods and tools for Product Discovery
- How to incorporate Discovery with Delivery
The course is case-based and tailored before to fit best for you organisation. Hence, the methods and tools described below are examples. The case is based on the Discovery sprint-method.
- Common Discovery methods such as Business Modelling, Design Thinking / User Experience Design, Service Design, Agile Requirements Engineering, Customer Development, Lean Startup, LeanUX, Continuous Discovery, Design Sprints, Discovery Sprints, Sense & Respond, Jobs to Be Done and Discover to Deliver.
- Common Discovery tools such as Business model canvas, Lean canvas, Value proposition canvas, Impact mapping, Experience mapping, User story mapping, Co-creation, Hypotheses and experiments, Qualitative validation (usage test) and Quantitative validation (web analytics and Lean Startup experiments).
The course content can be adjusted to comfortably fit a time slot between 3-6 hours (lecture) and 2-3 days (detailed case-based workshop).
- I like this, what should I do now?
- Contact me, info below, for a tailored version of this course for you and your company.